GUARANTEED CANNABIS SEED GERMINATION TECHNIQUE
Follow the method below for guaranteed cannabis seed germination:
- Measure the appropriate amount of 3% hydrogen peroxide (e.g. 30ml) and pour into a cup.
- Place seeds into the cup of hydrogen peroxide and gently stir, making sure to soak them entirely for 1 minute.
- After one minute has elapsed, pour two parts of filtered water into the cup to make a 1% hydrogen peroxide solution. Gently stir to fully soak the seeds. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes time, you have two options. Both of these methods are acceptable and eligible for our 80% germination guarantee as long as all of the other steps are followed. Option 4(a) add one more part of filtered water to make a 1:3 mixture and soak for up to 24hrs, then rinse with filtered water and go to step 5. Option 4(b) rinse seeds with filtered water and go to step 5.
- Fold paper towels in a light proof container (or make the container light proof by placing in a paper bag). Pour filtered water over the paper towels to the point of saturation, but not overly saturated (pour excess water out of the container if necessary). Unfold the paper towels and line seeds in an orderly fashion, anywhere from .5-2" apart. Fold paper towels tightly on top of each other and close lid, leaving it slightly unsealed, or use a lid with a few holes (also unsealed plastic bags work). Let sit in a warm, dark environment for 7-14 days. Occasionally seeds are sprouted and ready to transplant in three days or so. Rarely, some seedlings can take longer than 14 days to fully sprout. In any event, there's no need to check your container for at least 3 days.
- Congratulations, you've successfully sprouted your seeds. Place them in desired medium. Coco, soil or peat based media are easier to plant the fresh sprouts. However, other substrates can be used with a little bit of patience. For rockwool or other cubes, make the opening approx 1/8" or larger. Use a tool like the flat edge of a skewer stick and gently push the root as deep as possible. Then use the sharp edge to brush some of the medium around the root, underneath the top of the sprout.
- Transplant and water with no, or extremely light nutrient solution (they don't need nutrients until they have 3 sets of leaves). Make sure to pH balance your reservoir to the ideal range for your medium (usually between 5.5-6.5). Follow your nutrient manufacturer's directions with a grain of salt. Remember, less is more, especially for young plants. Current customers can message us for advice on their specific inputs. Happy growing!